Frequently Asked Questions


Why don't you supply the envelops or paper?

 By having you the customer supply the paper and envelops you are assured that you have the kind of paper and envelops that you are wanting to use for your event.


Why don't you include shipping?

 The cost of shipping can be different from place to place. It doesn't always cost the same to send something across town as it might cost to send to another state or even another country. The costs that I charge are low and if I had to pay for all the shipping myself I would not be able to keep making the products and give you the services that you see here.


What is the Monoline?

 Monoline lettering is done with a simple quality pen and not a calligraphy pen. All lines are for the most part completely uniform and do not vary in thickness.


What is Classic addressing?

 Classic refers to using an actually calligraphic font style that requires the use of a chiselled nib that is either hand dipped or cartridge ink fed.


What is Illumination?

 Illumination is the art of adding color and or art to manuscripts or text. Flourishes, the swooshes that you see at the end of a signature is also a type of Illumination.


What is a Flourish

 A flourish is and ornamental flowing curve in handwriting or scrollwork that is used to accentuate the text that is there or to fill in the gaps that might be in a line of text. All the squiggly lines that you see around capitol letters and at the end of sentences and signatures.


What is your turn-around time?

 It takes about a week to hand calligraphy 100 full sets of envelops. Extra time can be needed if illuminations are being added as well.


Is a deposit required?

 Yes, I require at least a 50% deposit on all orders when you send the envelops, place cards or program/menu paper to me and final payment made before they are shipped back to you.


When is shipping costs made?

 Shipping costs will be determined at the time of shipping or just shortly before. You will know how much the shipping will be at the time of final payment. The cost should be close to what it cost you to ship the envelops, place cards or program/menu paper to me.


What is the best way to get my envelops, place cards or program/menu paper to you?

 Once we have worked out the service you are going to have done you will print out a copy of the order and send it with your envelops, place cards or program/menu paper to me by either UPS, USPS or FedEx if need be. If you are in Chipley, FL it can be arranged for us to meet in person to pick up the envelops, place cards or program/menu paper that are to be used.


Am I able to get custom work done from you?

 Of course, I will work with you to find out what you need and then help to develop a cost plan for your project.


Are you able to do work away from Chipley in person?

 Yes, I can be made available to do custom painting, illumination or other projects away from town. You would contact me just as if you were contacting me about a custom project.


What is the SCA and how can I learn more about it?

 This is from their website: “The SCA is an international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and skills of pre-17th-century Europe. Our "Known World" consists of 19 kingdoms, with over 30,000 members residing in countries around the world. Members, dressed in clothing of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, attend events which feature tournaments, royal courts, feasts, dancing, various classes & workshops, and more.” You can find out more information by visiting